Jamaican Red Peas Soup
Red peas soup is one of my favorite vegan soup recipes. It has been apart of my family for years. It tastes so good and I just can’t wait for you to try it. My grandma used to make red peas soup for me and my older sister all the time, those were the days. You and your family will find it irresistibly delicious.
Let’s get started.
Red Peas Soup Recipe
Did you get all that? Great, let’s get the pot bubbling….
Note: kidney beans must be soaked over night or at least three hours before you get started.
- Wash kidney beans and place in a pot. Cover with water.
- Add garlic, thyme, and salt. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer until the beans are tender.
- Add scotch bonnet pepper (don’t cut) and coconut cream/milk.
- Add all vegetables to the pot.
- Cover with water, bring to a boil and allow to simmer until all veggies are ready.
- Add salt if needed.
That’s it. See I told you it was quick and easy. Be sure to enjoy this vegan soup recipe with family and friends. Create some tasty memories.
P.S…. Soups tend to make you feel fuller for longer so it is a good idea to have a bowl before a long day out.