I love simple recipes like this vegan fried rice. It’s amazingly good, only use the freshest ingredients and can be ready in 30 minutes flat. You have just got to try this tasty recipe.
One thing I like about this recipe is how well it uses simple ingredients that you can easily get your hands on and everything is organic. I find that foods that haven’t gone through processing and foods that haven’t been exposed to chemicals (pesticides, insecticides)….. this has been a key factor to my continued god health.
I’ve also incorporated some of my favorite veggies like broccoli and eggplant but you can replace them with your favorites if you like, it’s up to you, be creative.
As for the type of rice to choose, I use long grained brown rice (basmati). But there are many other options. Be sure though, to ensure that you use brown rice. Why? Well, white rice isn’t really rice. It’s been processed so much and stripped of all it’s nutritional value, it’s cheap and tasty but hasn’t nutritional value in it.
Brown rice, on the other hand, is rich in proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber, and potassium, iron and so much more vital nutrients. Overall, brown rice is a healthier choice that white rice and will help you to stay in good shape. Note: for this recipe, it’s best if you cook the rice a day before.
Finally, before we get started, you may choose to use tamari instead of soy sauce, that’s if you prefer a gluten/wheat free option.
Okay, we’re all set now, get out your saucepan and let’s make some vegan fried rice.
Vegan Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 Small Broccoli (the florets)
- 1/2 cup organic Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Green Peas
- Some Cayenne Pepper
- Finely Chopped Escallion
- 12 String Beans (Cut them in threes)
- 4 cups cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Egg Plant (dice it up)
- 4-6 Small Carrots (dice it up)
- 1 cup shredded Pumpkin
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 3 Juicy diced Tomatoes
- Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic-don’t forget 🙂
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add your seasoning (onion, garlic, escallion).
- Add in your broccoli, string beans, tomatoes and eggplant
- Put the pumpkin and carrot in and sauté
- Next, you want to add in your rice and combine with other ingredients
- Now add in your soy sauce and remaining ingredients, combine until ready.
Dinner is served, all that’s left to do now is to enjoy.