I find vegan waffles to be one of the easiest vegan breakfast recipes to make… it’s even easier to make than vegan pancakes.
As I keep growing into this vegan life I am always coming across new foods I like. Waffles is just another one of those delicious ways for me to show compassion to animals and to be good to myself health wise. So I thought I’d share a few of the recipes I like with you. What? Am I too kind? Hahaha, I’m just trying to spread some love you know so do enjoy.
Traditional Vegan Waffles
- So let’s preheat our waffle iron a bit now…. get it to the temperature you like best.
- Now get out a large blow and mix in all your dry ingredients together.
- You’ll now mix your oil and almond milk together in another bowl.
- In your dry ingredients bowl, make a small well in the center, like a crater, by moving the dough towards the side of the bowl.
- Pour your wet mixture into the crater.
- Stir to combine ingredients but don’t over do this, over doing is your enemy.
- Pour 1/4 cup of your batter onto your waffle iron to make each waffle.
- Cook until golden brown and please do enjoy.
So ma friends, how was that? Surprisingly good huh? Yeah, I thought so. What did you top it off with? I like to use a few fruits. Hey, would you believe that vegan waffles aren’t really a big thing here in Jamaica? They don’t even know what they are missing. How can you not try this next recipe?
The good thing about waffles is that they are all made very similarly regardless of the ingredients used. So no need to always check that cookbook manual.
- We’ll pre-heat our waffle iron just like before.
- Now we’ll just mix that flaxseed together with some water and set aside.
- Get out a blender, we need to blend the oats down to a flour like consistency.
- Next, we will add all our remaining ingredients to the oats and blend until the ingredients are just mixed in. Don’t blend too much. Additionally, I prefer to do this part by hand.
- Great now place 1/2 cup of your batter onto your preheated waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until you have a golden crispy waffle.
And that’s it, all you need to do now is to dig in, and be sure to share with your family and friends, vegan waffles tastes better with family and friends. And be creative with your choice of toppings. I top this off with mangoes mostly… sizzling hehe.